Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Nothing much to say here except that I write to keep myself interested in things other than work and home. And I have to admit it has paid rich dividends. A heartfelt thanks to all my readers who make me feel oh-so-special!

Friday, August 04, 2006

Lamhaat-e-yaad-e-yaar - The Pining!

I have always wanted to write something like this as an exercise. Where I wind a story around a ghazal. I have started to write it but somehow would wind up loosing patience. It was very difficult to bring the two together. But finally I got around today to doing it. That makes me very happy with my attempt but leaves me a little bit dissatisfied with the piece itself. Anywas here is its. A story and a ghazal.


Lamhaat-e-yaad-e-yaar - The Pining!

These thoughts startle me. I can feel their subtle footsteps approaching my concious and I know its useless to try to duck out of their pathway. I just sit there and watch as the subtlety gives way to drenching and I find myself thinking of him, of us, of what could have been for the umpteenth time. I am still as if nothing around me matters. I am dead to the outside world.
I can only feel, I cannot see, I cannot hear. Everything is muted. I close my eyes. Tears stream out. How much? How much more? and How much more longer? I keep asking myself. I keep waiting. Waiting for the day when I will close my eyes and not see his image any longer.

us din ka intezaar hain jab tera aks mere palkon ke darmiyaan na ho...
faasla koi maut aur zindagi ke darmiyaan na ho!

I fall back on the bed. The tears slide down from the corners of my eyes. Memories. That is all what I have left. It does not help that I get to see him now and then. His arm around someone else. That was supposed to be me..wasn't it? Ofcourse it was supposed to be me. Infact it is me..surely..the concious gives way as reality blurs...
khud ko kaise samjhaaye Kya haqeeqat hain aur kya fasaana...tum ho magar mere na ho!
Thoughts drift to happier days. When there was laughter. When there was life. When there was him. The days spent wandering just about everywhere..hand in hand. Not caring where we were going. Just walking - everything around melting into nothingness. Hearing just the sound of his voice, feeling the heat of his presence, watching the movement of his hands...just him and me. The sun comes out with full force from behing the clouds. I am bathed in his shadow. Please God! Don't let the moment end...

is tadakthi dhoop mein mujh par tumhaari chaaon...
rabb se darkhaast hain yeh pal kabhi khatm na ho!

And yes the moment never ended. The sun set, the day ended, the shadows were gone - but the moment stayed with me. God had granted me my wish! I smiled inspite of myself. If only, he had paid as much attention to one more wish of mine. How would life have been if we had been together? I looked around. That chair by the window would have been his favorite place to sit. He loved looking at things going around, watching people go about their business. I went to the window. Yes definitely, he would have loved to be standing and looking out of the window. There was a bus stop always bustling with activity right underneath. It was a similar such bus stop where I had seen him for the first time - the impact he was going to have on my life not even registering in my remotest of thoughts. The only thought that had gone through was - ooh! what a good looking guy! and that was it. I had returned to chatting with my girlfriend.

aisa hi ek din tha, jab tere khadmon ka rukh tha meri taraf...
wahi raaste pe phir ek baar laut aaoon, chaahe phir kal ho na ho!

How does it happen? How does one let it happen? There you are happy and contented all by yourself. Having a good time with life, laughing at the silliest of jokes, heart racing even if a decent looking guy so much as glanced at you, getting on a high even when doing simple things as having an icecream with a couple of your friends...and then you commit suicide. You fall in love. And everything becomes so complicated. Good looking guys do not even register, girlfriends become a bore, the best of jokes evoke a forced smile from you...there is only one thought. Where is he? What is he doing? Is he thinking of me? Does he know I have feeling for him? Does he have feelings for me? Its like the whole world ceased to exist and from its ashes rose this one person and you can think about nothing else. You cannot enjoy the ice-cream that you had wolfed down with relish not too long ago. Unless ofcourse he is treating you that ice-cream. Then of course, the ice-cream would taste much better than it had ever tasted and would never quite taste the same again. Just like life will never be the same again...

har cheez ki qadr kuch kum si ho gayee hain...
jaise tere saath hi mukammil hain kuch aur ho na ho!

I closed the window. A chapter had been closed. I could go over it in my memories but it could never be re-opened again. I stood still trying to drain the emotions that had been ravaging me. I waited for the conflict to die down, steering myself towards reality. I looked in the mirror. Good Lord! My eye-liner had smudged. What a bother! The phone rang.
"Are you ready?" her voice rang out."Almost.." I said trying hard not to let the quiver in my voice be heard.I knew I was fighting the impossible. She knew me like no other..."You have been crying again...haven't you?" she chided me."I...""How many times do I tell you? No man is worth your tears..." "Yes..I know" "I am coming in 5 mins". I heard the click of the phone.That is what she always tells me. No man is worth your tears.To that I had always wanted to say - this one is, my dear, This one is.

seekh milti hain auron se apnon ko bhulaane ki,
kya chaahte hain woh ki fiza ka koi wajood hi na ho!

45 Comments:

Blogger cheti said...

classic fizo ! good to read that aftera really long time !

3:13 PM  
Blogger Nicks said...

Hey wanna know wat does this word AITBAAR means?

And also wats the word for CONFIDENCE in urdu?

10:48 AM  
Blogger Vivek Sharma said...

kahan kho gayee ho tum bhooli yaad ki tarah?
aao fir se aankh se chalko meethi yaad ki tarah!

7:31 AM  
Blogger 黃色 said...

愛情是盲目的,但婚姻恢復了它的視力。.........................

1:28 AM  
Blogger 健康保寶 said...

很用心的blog,推推哦 ........................................

7:04 PM  
Blogger 白色情人節 said...

how do u do?

1:13 AM  
Blogger tiktok said...

來塊巧克力吧~~心情會好哦~~ ........................................

1:14 AM  
Blogger 志竹 said...

色情介紹男同志色情片男同志色情影片18色情遊戲dvd 日本色情片新20歲色情貼圖520sex貼片520情色影片520貼影區5230貼片5278 影片區5278cc影片5278cc論壇5278無碼5278貼片5278貼圖片區5278貼圖區5278圖片5278網520sex我愛78論壇4u成人卡通4u成人小遊戲24h免費貼圖區2goav35cc3d 透視美女遊戲3d 透視遊戲3d成人短片3d成人影片3d免費卡通色情片女同志聊天室淫美成人論壇成人圖片熊貓貼圖

7:33 PM  
Blogger 仁南 said...

^^ 謝謝你的分享,祝你生活永遠多彩多姿!........................................

12:58 AM  
Blogger 雅琳雅琳 said...

Nice blog85cc,咆哮小老鼠,85街,免費影片,情趣爽翻天,愛戀情人用品,交友找啦咧,線上a片,女同志聊天室,sexy,色情網站,網愛聊天室,情色性愛貼圖,小穴,性愛姿勢,陰脣室,成人圖貼,性愛技巧,a片論壇,色情,85c,sexy網,人妻,脫衣,6k,18禁,手淫,性幻想,77p2p,情色,1007,85c,0401,後宮,色情,淫蕩,正妹,77p2p,ut室

9:52 AM  
Blogger DianneG2587 said...

人必須心懷希望,才會活的快樂,日子才過得充實,有意義,有朝氣,有信心。........................................

1:51 AM  
Blogger 信皇雯豪 said...

文章很棒~感謝!!..................................................

7:55 AM  
Blogger 劉claren0812ceb_brunette said...

enjoy your artical, thank you ........................................

6:35 AM  
Blogger D408orathyN_Strouse0 said...

Yo ~ ~ re-fuel efforts............................................................

5:24 PM  
Blogger 婷妏 said...

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.......................................................

11:18 PM  
Blogger K910athrinA_Petrin0 said...

Use a book as a bee does flowers.......................................................

11:18 PM  
Blogger 冠中 said...

志不立,天下無可成之事。........................................

1:36 AM  
Blogger D415_evonN_Risinger0 said...

幸福是人人都要,又怎麼可能都歸你所有?要知道這世界幸福本來就不多 ..................................................

9:19 AM  
Blogger 羅文浩 said...

Joy often comes after sorrow, like morning after night.............................................................

8:41 PM  
Blogger esthermelvin said...

forgive others but not yourself...................................................

7:33 AM  
Blogger SadeRa盈君iford0412 said...

能猜得出女人真實年齡的男人也許耳聰目明,但肯定毫無大腦。哈哈!...............................................................

1:13 AM  
Blogger 劉淑芬 said...

If the quantity is not a lot, I will hand carry..................................................

2:12 AM  
Blogger 陳隆 said...

Quality is better than quantity..................................................................                           

8:34 PM  
Blogger 貞合 said...

河水永遠是相同的,可是每一剎那又都是新的。......................................................................

2:54 AM  
Blogger 凱文凱文 said...

一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼............................................................

7:49 PM  
Blogger 涵FHJK連韓E5131E育連韓瑋 said...

It takes all kinds to make a world.............................................................

8:28 PM  
Blogger 懿綺懿綺 said...

初次造訪,安安^^..................................................................

1:44 AM  
Blogger 芸茂芸茂 said...

新的一天 祝你有所成長~~ ..................................................................

1:12 AM  
Blogger 吳婷婷 said...

快樂與滿足的秘訣,就在全心全意投注於現在的每一分,每一秒上..................................................

2:41 PM  
Blogger 婷珊 said...

好文章就值得回響,如果可以常常看到您的更新,應該是件很幸福的事情~~...............................................................

9:24 PM  
Blogger 明儒 said...

聽著音樂逛BLOG~~享受!!我不想上班了啦…..................................................................

5:49 AM  
Blogger 紹函紹函 said...

may the blessing be always with you!!..................................................................

5:51 AM  
Blogger 銘木 said...

你好勁呀! 感謝!!!............................................................

9:23 PM  
Blogger 雅莊王edgd春2蕙婷余惠其 said...

朋友是一面鏡子............................................................

7:03 PM  
Blogger lowe施cole鈺man駿 said...

上班很累,摸個魚輕輕鬆鬆的逛部落............................................................

4:38 PM  
Blogger 恩梁如恩梁如 said...

我是天山,等待一輪明月。............................................................

5:20 PM  
Blogger 施以王雅玲音 said...

到處盡心,即為快事;舉步踏實,便是坦途。......................................................

7:44 PM  
Blogger 佳陳容 said...

要在憂患恥辱的環境裡,創造我們自力更生的新生活。.......................................................

6:56 PM  
Blogger 高黃吉軍向婷 said...

教育的目的,不在應該思考什麼,而是教吾人怎樣思考......................................................................

5:39 AM  
Blogger 劉王育正劉王育正 said...

這麼好的部落格,以後看不到怎麼辦啊!!!............................................................

9:12 PM  
Blogger 1615 said...

今夜星光多美好~祝你快樂~~~~............................................................

4:37 AM  
Blogger 佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

Poverty tries friends...................................................................

5:30 AM  
Blogger 香雅威君 said...

困難的不在於新概念,而在於逃避舊有的概念。......................................................................

5:41 PM  
Blogger 三琪 said...

用行動來支持你~~~不留言不行!............................................................

6:54 AM  
Blogger gfjj said...

http://www.magomecopy.com/ ブランドコピー
http://www.magomecopy.com/watch-rolex1.htm ロレックススーパーコピー
http://www.magomecopy.com/hmb1.htm エルメスコピー
http://www.magomecopy.com/gub1.htm グッチコピー
http://www.magomecopy.com/watch-bv1.htm ブランドスーパーコピー

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home